DEPOT ROLLS ON–Photographs taken by Jim Stuart show the Havelock Freight Depot being moved to its new location behind the historic Trader’s Store onMiller Blvd. in Havelock. The move occurred on rainy January 31, 2006. The freight depot served the area from the beginning of the construction of the Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station. During the move a concrete slab was discovered beneath the structure with the date August 20, 1941. Now that the depot has been saved from demolition, the Havelock Historical Preservation Society will make plans for its renovation and future use.
Photographs Copyright 2006. James Stuart. Used by permission.